Welcome to the Recruitment page of the British Olympic Association (BOA).
The BOA is officially recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the National Olympic Committee (NOC) for Great Britain and Northern Ireland, with responsibility for the conduct and management of all Olympic-related activity in those countries. The BOA’s primary responsibility is to select, lead and support Team GB on their journey to and during, the Olympic Winter Games, the Olympic Games the Youth Olympic Games and other IOC designated events including the European Youth Olympic Festivals and the European Games.
The British National Governing Bodies for Olympic sport comprise the membership of the BOA. The BOA seeks to support and serve this membership by being a strong, independent and credible voice of British Olympic Sport within the UK and internationally.
The BOA’s Board of Directors are predominantly made up of elected representatives from the Olympic sports as well as International Olympic Committee Members and Non-Executive Directors as well as the Chair of the BOA Athletes Commission. The BOA is an independent and privately funded organisation that relies mainly upon the income it receives from commercial programmes as well as fundraising and events.
All current vacancies are listed below with details of the specific role and how to apply.
Digital Product Manager
Fixed Term Contract until 31st May 2018
To manage the production and delivery of new and existing digital products utilising the Team GB website, app and social media channels.
• Develop a product strategy and digital roadmap which outlines how the wider digital strategy, objectives and KPIs will be achieved
• Manage production and delivery of digital products as agreed on the digital roadmap
• Work with the Commercial team to develop digital packages for sponsors; deliver and manage digital activations, set KPIs and produce reports for partners
• Ensure all digital platforms deliver an excellent user experience, run efficiently and are cost effective
• Manage agencies and suppliers to ensure all products are delivered on time, budget and to the highest possible standard
• Work with colleagues across the organisation to understand current and future business requirements, scope digital products and features and prioritise development
• Regularly share updates on digital projects with internal and external stakeholders
• Be responsible for reporting on all digital projects and platforms, including analytics, KPI tracking and recommendations
• Manage the day-to-day maintenance and development of digital platforms including editing and updating content
• Manage the further development and improvements of all BOA websites ensuring that the sites are developed in a sustainable and coherent way
• Experience of developing and implementing product strategies and roadmaps
• Experience of managing a programme of digital work with multiple stakeholders
• Experience of implementing a wide range of technologies; APIs, apps, data services
• Experience of working with agile and user-centred design methodologies and project managing product lifecycles
• Excellent organisational skills, especially the ability to prioritise a heavy workload
• Experience of managing agencies and freelance suppliers
• Ability to develop good working relationships with a number of colleagues at different levels in the organisation
• Strong people management skills and the ability to lead develop and motivate others
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals
• A good understanding of industry trends, emerging technologies and what is possible within a digital environment
• Understanding of accessibility issues for websites, including the W3C accessibility standards and website best practice.
• Competent multi-tasker
• High energy, enthusiastic
• Keen interest in keeping on top of industry trends
• Good communication skills / excellent communicator
• Experience working within a web agency
• Experience as a front or back end developer
• Working knowledge of Sitefinity CMS
• Olympic Sporting knowledge
• Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining relevant skills and experience to Recruitment@TeamGB.com
• Closing date for applications is 19th April 2017
• We expect interviews to take place week commencing 24h April 2017
• Shortlisted applicants will be notified no later than Friday 21st April 2017
European Youth Olympic Festival (EYOF) Gyor, Hungary 2017
The European Youth Olympic Festival will be held in Gyor Hungary in July 2017.
Team GB is putting together a team of Performance Support staff to accompany the athletes to the Festival and is seeking applications for the following roles:
• Chief Medical Officer
• Lead Physiotherapist
• HQ Physiotherapist
Please note that these are volunteer roles and you must be available for at least the period of competition, 22nd – 30th July 2017 and potentially from 19th – 31st July depending on role requirements.
All enquiries regarding recruitment should be sent to Recruitment@TeamGB.com.