TEAM GB CHEERLEDERS COMPETITION RULES
1. This competition (the “Competition”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom (“Territory”) aged eighteen (18) and over except employees of the British Olympic Association (“BOA”/”Promoter”)) and MSN and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (defined for the purpose of these Terms as husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, or persons residing in the household of such employees), and anyone else professionally connected with this Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants and check their identity.
2. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms of service (“Terms”) when they enter this Competition as described below of these Terms.
How to Enter
3. The Competition will start at 09.00 Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on 13th July 2012 and end at 18:00 GMT on 18th July 2012 (the “Competition Period”). No entries received outside the Competition Period will be eligible.
4. Entry into the Competition shall be free of charge.
5. To be entered into the Competition, entrants must share a video of their squad/team on the Team GB facebook page. Upon submiting the video, the squad/team must email email@example.com the details of their squad/team including age/location of members. Five videos will be chosen by Team GB to be shortlisted based on both the talent/quality of the video and the amount of support the video gets. The overall winner will be chosen by our selected judge.
6. All members of your cheerleading group must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Cheerleading groups containing minors shall not be permitted to enter. You must ensure you have permission from all members of your group before entering your group or submitting a video for this Competition. Failure to do so may invalidate your entry.
7. All entries made via third parties and agents shall be invalid.
8. By entering the Competition you agree that the Promoter shall be permitted to contact you directly in the event you win the Competition. The winning cheerleading group will be asked to provide certain personal data to the BOA in order to be verified before being confirmed as winners of the Competition
9. By submitting your entry you expressly consent to the use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
10. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any incomplete entries or any failure to upload videos on to the Team GB Facebook page, All entries shall be made soley at the entrants risk.
11. If any entry is determined to have breached these Terms they will be automatically disqualified. In the event that a winner is disqualified an alternative winner will be selected by the Promoters judging panel.
How to Win
12. Upon termination of the Competition Period, the Promoters judging panel shall select one) winning group as the Team GB Cheerleaders. All entrants accept and acknowledge that the judging panel will select the group based on its opinon of the videos. The winners will be notified by the BOA via email. The BOA will then announce the winning group on the BOA and MSN media channels, including social media to announce the group as the Team GB Cheerleaders. In the event that you are chosen as the winners, by entering into this competition, you agree to such announcement and/or promotion and in particular, the use of your name and image for such purposes. .
13. You accept and acknowledge that if you win, you will not be entitled to any financial compensation.
14. The collection of personally identifiable information for the purposes of this Competition will be subject to the Privacy Statement at http://www.teamgb.com/privacy-policy. Specifically, the data collected through this Competition will be used to telephone or send an email to Entrants to confirm where the Entrant has won a Prize. All personally identifiable information will be deleted approximately six (6) weeks after the Winner is selected. By entering this Competition, you expressly consent to the use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
15. If any provision or part of these Terms is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.
16. These Terms, the conduct of this Competition and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, unless you are a Scottish resident, in which case you may choose the law of your own country of residence. Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, unless they are a Scottish resident or a resident of Northern Ireland, in which case they may choose the courts of their place of residence.
17. The Promoter is British Olympic Association, 60 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 2NU . Please direct any queries or complaints regarding the Competition to either this address or email firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Microsoft and the Promoter cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Entrants agree that Microsoft and the Promoter will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from entry in to the Competition.. Nothing in this paragraph shall limit Microsoft’s or the Promoters liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.