Squad for Hickstead Nations Cup Announced
July 17, 2013 11:27 am
Rob Hoekstra, the World Class Showjumping Performance Manager has announced his squad of five that will be representing Great Britain at the CSIO 5* Furisiyya Nations Cup event which takes place at the Royal International Horse Show, Hickstead.
The squad are as follows:
- Scott Brash MBE from Peebleshire with Lady Pauline Kirkham and Lady Pauline Harris’s 12 year old bay mare Ursula XII
- Peter Charles MBE with Olga White and Team Murka’s 11 year-old bay mare Murka’s Odie de Frevent.
- William Funnell from Dorking with the Billy Stud’s 12 year-old brown stallion Billy Congo whom, as a combination, will also be representing Great Britain on the squad heading out to the European Championships later this summer.
- Ben Maher MBE from Hertfordshire with Quainton Stud’s and his own 11 year old dark bay stallion Tripple X III with whom he partnered to Team Gold at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- William Whitaker from Yorkshire with Elizabeth Fredland’s 10 year-old bay gelding Fandango.
The FEI Nations Cup takes place on Friday 2nd August at 14:15hrs local time and the Grand Prix/King George V Gold Cup takes place on Sunday 4th August. Further information on the show, start lists and results can be found by visiting www.hickstead.co.uk
Both competitions will be filmed and broadcast live by Sky Sports along with extensive coverage of other classes. Full information on broadcast times can be found by visitingwww.britishshowjumping.co.uk and clicking on ‘Whats on TV’.
The British Showjumping Teams are strongly supported by the UK Sport Lottery funded BEF World Class Programme.